Thursday 16 October 2014

Ipsy Review- October 2014

 


   Ipsy's theme for the month of October was "Beauty Candy" so my hopes were sky high for this glambag! Who doesn't like candy that makes you beautiful? Overall the bag was a well balanced between hits and misses. I like to base my hits and misses on whether I would actually use the product and purchase it in the future.

   First up! Ayres Body Butter. I must admit, seeing that I will be receiving lotion in my Ipsy glambag usually disappoints me but I was excited to try this one as it targets dry skin. Once it starts to get colder outside I notice my skin drying out more frequently. This lotion feels fantastic! And it does not leave an oily residue. The only downside is the smell. I found the smell strong and it reminded me of testing out my Nonna's lotions as a child.


   Round 2! Indie Lee's Brightening Cleanser. I don't really have much to say about this product. First off it smells wonderful! I'm just simply not a fan of brightening cleansers and can't see myself using this product.

Verdict: Miss

   Third time's the charm? In this glambag, yes! Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer in "On a Gilt Trip". I was really hoping to receive "Feeling Very Cherry" because it's fall and I'm really feeling the Vamp look but I was still extremely happy with the gold. The nail lacquer is applied smooth and gives off a glittery/shimmer effect. I actually only needed to apply one coat to my nails for the color to appear as it did in the bottle. I'm a big fan of OPI nail colors and this is another one to add to my collection!

Verdict: Hit

   Next up! Noyah Lipstick in "Deeply in Mauve". I was really excited to be getting my first lipstick from Ipsy! Let's just start off by saying I am deeply IN LOVE with this shade! I love a vamp lip or a wine colored pout and this lipstick does the job perfectly. The only issue I have with this is the sample was too small! I need to purchase more a.s.a.p. Not to mention it feels great on!

Verdict: Hit

   Last but not least. Skone Cosmetics' TATTOOED Waterproof Eyeliner. Thanks for checking into my makeup bag and noticing I was out of eyeliner Ipsy! This eyeliner has the effect of a liquid liner, it glides on smooth and has a really fine applicator brush. I wore it all day and it did not smudge, or run. I'm really impressed and I will purchase this in the future. It was also full sized, props Ipsy,props.

Verdict: Hit

That's it for my October Ipsy glambag! I guess I should start anxiously awaiting my next pink package from Ipsy!Thank you for reading, I hope my reviews were helpful. 

Join me on ! Makeup bags for just $10/month. Use my link & I get a free goodie.

Thanks for reading,

xox Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment